PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
Dear Valued Customers,
Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 which has come into force in Malaysia on 13 November 2013, we wish to notify you of our data protection practices and how your personal information is being used and processed by us.
Generally we use your personal information to process your reservations and in connection with your stay at our hotels as well as to send you updates on our latest services and promotions. Your personal data may have come into our possession from your stays at our hotel or from your interaction with us on previous occasions.
There has been no change in how we use your personal information, and our Personal Data Protection Notice below is to provide you with more transparency as to how your personal information is used by us.
Personal Data Protection Notice
- You understand and agree that the any information you have provided to the Hotel, such as your name, occupation, place of employment, residential address, email, telephone numbers, vehicle plate number, nationality, date of birth, passport number and membership number will be handled by the Hotel and its related corporations/affiliates (â€œweâ€, â€œusâ€ or â€œourâ€) within the group of companies in accordance with the terms set forth below and applicable data protection laws and requirements. The Hotel may also collect your information from various sources such as from third party agents, via the Hotelâ€™s website or within the group of companies.
- The provision of your information is mandatory when you make a reservation to stay at the Hotel and when you check into the Hotel. If you do not provide your information, the Hotel will not be able to process your registration or reservation, and will therefore result in you being unable to make a booking or stay at the Hotel. The provision of your personal data is voluntary for purposes of receiving marketing and you may indicate your consent to marketing in Paragraph 4 below.
- The information may be used by us, and transferred to other companies within the group and third parties engaged by the Hotel, such as our service providers, professional advisors, third party agents and external auditors who may be located both within and outside of the country or jurisdiction in which the Hotel is located, for purposes of managing and fulfilling your booking and matters relating to your Hotel stays (such as lost and found items, follow-up queries and survey), for enabling you to take advantage of any membership you may have with us including the Loyalty Club programme, for the groupâ€™s internal auditing and reporting purposes, and for managing our business relationship with you and such other purposes permitted and/or required under applicable law.
- Except as expressly permitted in paragraphs 1 to 4 above, we will not use your information for any other purpose unless you agree or unless we are required or permitted to do so by law.
- If you wish to withdraw the consent provided for marketing purposes, or access your personal data or update any of your contact particulars, or if you have any inquiries or complaints with regard to the use and processing of your information please contact us at the contact detail given to you by the Hotel or as follows:Contact Person: Data Protection Compliance Officer
Phone No: 603 4042 5555
Fax No: 603 4043 5253
our personal information will be used for the following marketing purposes:
- Marketing by the Hotel
You agree that we can contact you to keep you informed about our special offers, promotions, products and services and events via the following channels:All channels / Mail / Fax / Phone / E-mail / Text messages (including but not limited to SMS)
- Third-Party Marketing
You agree that we can share your details with our selected business partners, associates and other third party providers (collectively â€œAssociatesâ€) so that they may contact you with details of products and services that may be of interest to you via the following channels:All channels / Mail / Fax / Phone / E-mail / Text messages (including but not limited to SMS)